After we got over our jetlag which took about 4 days we were ready to start scoping out what Nagoya had to offer. First up Nagoya Castle! It’s about 2.9 km from our house so we put on our walking shoes and headed out the door.
Facts about Nagoya Castle:
- Entry Fee 500 yen per adult ($5)
- If you go on the right day you can get free English guides…(we did not go on the right day)
- It took us about 2 hours to see everything which included the Samurai Show.
- Tokugawa leyasu ordered the castle to be built in 1610. It was finished in 1612.
- Mostly the Owari Tokugawa family lived in it.
- First castle to be designated a national treasure in 1930.
- In 1945 the main castle was destroyed by world WWII
- It was rebuilt in 1959.